Monday, December 9, 2013

Interview with Author Christine Rice


 



What motivated you to become an author?

In 2006, I began writing substantially. I started writing a nonfiction book about my experiences with non-dieting, and then I took up writing poetry. The nonfiction book didn’t pan out, but I had developed a large collection of poems in just a few months. I wanted my poems to be organized in a presentable book format but had no intention of making the book available to the public, because, as a new writer, I was still shy about letting others read my writing. So I published my first book, “Poetry for the Heart,” with Lulu. Shortly afterwards, I made the book public, because I figured why not allow others to read my work and purchase it if they so choose? That was the start of my career as an author.

When you're not writing, how do you spend your time?

When I’m not writing, I’m usually reading. I love to read and I love using my Kindle Paperwhite. I read a lot of books, especially by self-published authors. I find they have a lot of unique angles on different topics, and because I like to learn a lot about subjects I’m interested in, I’m so glad there are so many new authors!

What is your writing process?

My writing process depends on what I’m writing. For poems, there is no planning - just free thought; I open my mind and let my thoughts flow and write them all down. Articles and essays are slightly more structured because they’re nonfiction, so I usually brainstorm the subheadings and sometimes take a few notes or do a little research – before I begin writing. My memoir was written in chronological order; I started with my early years and wrote down all of my memories in the order that the events occurred. I did a lot of revising, because, as I was doing so, I recalled more memories to include. For my nonfiction book, “Freelance Writing Guide,” I did a complete outline and a little note-taking before I began writing. It really helped guide me when I wrote the first draft. And I edit and proofread all of my writing to make it the best that it can be!

What do you write about?

I write down my thoughts, feelings, experiences, and knowledge – mostly. I like to share what’s going on inside my mind. I’ve written about a lot of different topics, which are expressed in “Articles for the Mind.” I also really enjoy writing about writing.

What are some of the social media sites you are on?
I am on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Pinterest, and Goodreads
. I love interacting with others and I gladly return likes,
follows, and adds, so feel free to connect with me!
 
Other posts on this blog related to  Christine Rice:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Justyn's bookshelf: currently-reading

Rufus in Teralupis
5 of 5 stars
tagged: my-books and currently-reading
Lost Face
0 of 5 stars
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com

Justyn's bookshelf: read

The Lightning Thief
5 of 5 stars
This is one cool book by Rick Riordan. Came upon it when I saw the movie trailer back in 09. This demi-god, Percy has to fight Greek mythology monsters, and is betrayed by a person he trusted. follows the myth of Percy Jackson with some...
tagged: myth and adventure
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
5 of 5 stars
This is the 1st book of a great series, Harry was about 11 when things changed for the better for him, he left his abusive family with the help of a half-giant to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft And Wizardry. Then makes lifelong friends, a...
tagged: magic and adventure
The Golem's Eye
4 of 5 stars
tagged: adventure and magic
Grip of the Shadow Plague
5 of 5 stars
tagged: adventure, animal, myth, and magic
Eragon
5 of 5 stars
tagged: adventure and magic

goodreads.com